When you join us, you automatically become a member of both our national and state affiliates: MTNA (Music Teachers National Association) and CSMTA (Colorado State Music Teachers Association) with all their many benefits. Join us or renew your membership by following the link below.
Ten Great Reasons to Join AMTA
- Grow through inspiration and education via the monthly Teacher Enrichment Programs.
- Network with colleagues in your community.
- Challenge your students with performance activities such as Achievement Day, Ensemble Festival, Composition Festival, Prokofiev Musical Theatre Performance, and Student Recitals.
- Enjoy the camaraderie with experienced and new teachers alike.
- Perform at the monthly Teacher Performance Group.
- Help your students apply for financial scholarship awards to attend music camps and workshops, university tuition/books, or assistance in attending state and national competitions.
- Advocate for music in your community.
- Find support and guidance in becoming a nationally certified teacher of music, NCTM.
- Participate in state activities sponsored by CSMTA such as their annual state conference in June, the student concerto competition, Student Theory Activity, STA, and Rising Stars Festival, the Professional Reading Enrichment Program PREP, and much more.
- Enjoy many benefits at the national level with MTNA. Whether you are a seasoned professional or new teacher, membership in Music Teachers National Association can complement your professional life. Since 1876, MTNA has been the undisputed leader in empowering the music-teaching professional. As an MTNA member, you will associate with the very best in the profession from throughout the United States, and you will have access to many networking, leadership, mentoring and educational opportunities. MTNA also provides programs for students of all ages and levels of ability—the budding young artist, the “everyday” student or an older “recreational” music maker. MTNA Membership
MTNA Benefits include:
- MTNA list of Resources for coping with the Covid-19 Pandemic
- MTNA National Conference, American Music Teacher and the MTNA e-Journal—The peer-reviewed journals of MTNA
- MTNA National Competitions—The preeminent student competitions in the United States
- MTNA Certification Program—Information on becoming a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music MTNA Foundation Fund
- Find out about grants and awards MTNA provides for teachers and students
- Professional Support Line—Ask an MTNA expert your questions about music teaching or studio issues
- Member Insurance Programs—Find out about the insurance services available only to MTNA members
- Legal Consultation Services—Free legal consultation about issues members face as music teachers
- Merchant Services—Enables members to accept credit cards as payment